These are the list of movies, all of which I had watched in single screen theatres, and those which etched their marks on me. I only included those ones whose initial release was after my birth.
Some notable omissions are Ten Commandments (1956), Ben-hur (1959) and Where Eagles Dare (1968) and the Bengali movie Sonar Kella (1974).
- Honey, I Shrunk the Kids - 1989
- Terminator 2 - 1991
- Jurassic Park - 1993
- Forrest Gump - 1994
- Lion King - 1994
- Hum Aapke Hai Kaun - 1994 (The last movie I watched without spectacles)
- Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge - 1995
- Independence Day - 1996
- Titanic - 1997
- Men in Black - 1997
- Saving Private Ryan - 1998
- Satya - 1998
- Sarfarosh - 1999
- Sangharsh - 1999
- Mission Kashmir - 2000 (During college, I had a crush on Preity Zinta)
- A Beautiful Mind - 2001
- Bourne Identity - 2002
- Bruce Almighty - 2003
- The Terminal - 2004
- Dhoom - 2004
- Bunty aur Babli - 2005
- Laage Raho Munnabhai - 2006
- Chak De India - 2007
- Dark Knight - 2008
Since 2009, all movies I watched were in smaller screens of modern multiplexes. Unfortunately it does not have the same impact as the panoramic large and wide screen of the old theatres. Also, gone are the days of whistles and catcalls. Nowadays, the patrons of multiplexes are rather sophisticated. In fact after 2015, I have rarely been to any cinema hall.
Its not that good movies aren't made.
Only that it is hard to etch anything, anymore on my toughened soul.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.